How long does Duralast take to be effective?

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Wed, 8 Mar 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Hi I am taking duralast 30 mg 2 days but no improvement
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It may take some time for the action to set in

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I need to ask why you are taking Duralast (Dapoxetine)? It is an SSRI that can be taken for premature ejaculation but can be taken for other reasons as well. Please clarify.

In case you are taking it for premature ejaculation, let me emphasize that its action is not going to set in overnight and is going to take some time. Moreover, it is very important to understand the right techniques. You need to slow down when you feel that you are getting aroused. Controlling the speed effectively will help you last longer.

Feel free to write back.

Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 57 minutes later
yes I am suffering from premature ejaculation reason i am.taking this medicine only 2 day I have taken 18 teb still pending this will help me from recovered from or I need to increase 30mg to 60 mg
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You need to give it some time.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back. I would insist you not to self medicate with this drug. You need to be under the guidance and follow up with a doctor regarding such medications. I would not insist you to increase the dose (at least at present). You need to give it time. You also need to take care of the issues I have pointed out in my last communication.

Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 8 minutes later
so I need to complete the course of Duralast 20 days as and it will help to recover me also please let me confirm should I need to take this medicine daily before intercourse or any time while sex
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes

Detailed Answer:
Yes, complete the course and I hope that you would see a difference. This medicine is not something that one takes just before or during the sexual act.