How long does Dilaudid take to be effective?

Posted on Fri, 9 Dec 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: dilaudid 2mg tablets. how long does it take to start working?

Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It starts working 30 minutes to an hour after taking the medicine

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing in to us.

Dilaudid contains hydromorphone which is a pain relief medicine. It is an opioid and is given for moderate pain.

The time of action of the medicine is 30 minutes to an hour and in this duration the medicine concentraion is at peak level after ingestion. This is the time when it starts working optimally.

Hope your query is answered.
Please do write back if you have any doubts.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar
Dr. Vivek Chail

Radiologist