How long does Dexamethasone last in the body?

Excellent

Question
I had a dexamethasone injection on Oct. 15th of 2017. How long does this drug stay in the body?
Tue, 5 Jun 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
At most 1month!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks so much for this query.

No steroid would stay beyond a month in the body. dexamethasone would not even last beyond days and weeks. The muscle spasm cannot be related to the ongoing effects of dexamethasone. It is my thinking that injury to a nerve ending in this area or muscle might explain your symptoms.

I will suggest you get examined to ascertain the distribution of this spasm.

I hope this guides and helps. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me if need be. Above all, keep me updated.