question-icon

How long does Cotinine stay in the system?

Posted on Fri, 13 May 2016
Question: Have a cotinine blood test , 13 days since last cigarette workout daily drink plenty of water will i pass
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe (6 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:
Hello, and thanks for your question.

The tobacco from cigarettes stays in the system and is detectable by a cotinine test up to 7 days after most recent use. This detection will still happen no matter how much water you drink or how much you exercise. Since your most recent use was longer than 7 days ago (13 days), your test will be negative and you will pass.

Please remember to rate and close this answer thread when you are finished and satisfied.

In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly at my private link below. After you ask a direct question, it would be my pleasure to be your dedicated personal physician on this website. My name is Dr. Sheppe, and I am an XXXXXXX doctor working in New York City at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, ranked #1 for Psychiatry in the United States (tinyurl.com/psyrank). For a personalized comprehensive evaluation, treatment recommendations, and individual therapy, ask me at HealthCareMagic at this private link: tinyurl.com/DrSheppeAnswers
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe

Psychiatrist