How long do the symptoms of Methamphetamine last?

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Wed, 8 Jun 2016 in Drug Abuse
Question: Hello,

On Friday at around 11:00 pm, my freind and I ingested meth amohetamine/crystal. I took between .2-.3 and my friend took between .1-.2. I am 6'2, 190lbs and my friend is 5'1 97 lbs. After 2 nights of zero sleep, and 1 night with minimal to no sleep, when would you say these symtoms will reside? We feel normal just can not fall asleep. We have been eating regularly, as well as drinking red wine and smoking thc oil to make us drowsy. We are supposed to drive 2.5 hours home today and am wondering if there is a chance we will crash?

Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I think better to avoid driving

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

Although meth amphetamine remains in the system only for two to three days but variation is rule rather than exception. It is possible that you will feel normal in next 24 to 72 hours provided there is no further abuse of meth amphetamine.

Drinking red wine and smoking thc oil is have opposite effects and I do not think it is going to help you to fall asleep.

It will be better if you can avoid both of them so process of returning back to normalcy can be completed.

I hope this helps you.
If you have more questions feel free to write back to me.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for my future patients.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-ashok-kumar/67386
Thanks and regards.

Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 9 minutes later
We both feel relativley normal, and were able to get an hour or 2 of sleep throughout the night. A lot of falling asleep and waking up minutes later. We are both pretty high up at our jobs and go back to work tommorow. Anything else we can do to ensure this god awful high stops?

Thanks
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Complete abstinance from it

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for reverting back to me.

I do not think you need to do anything from coming down except complete abstinence from crystal meth.

In addition you can take plenty of fluids so the toxins can be washed out as soon as possible.

These two things will be sufficient for this.

I hope this helps you.
Wish you a great health ahead.
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 4 minutes later
This was our first and only time taking it, and it was accidental. Would melatonin or nyquil help? Ambian?

Thanks
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes they may help

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for follow up.

Melatonin will be best choice to get sleep as it is completely natural substance although other two molecules also help without any complications.

I hope this assists you further.
Thanks and regards.