How long do symptoms of prostatitis last?
ADVICE REGARDING URINARY TRACT INFORMATION
Thank you for posting your query in healthcaremagic.com
This is Dr. Swarnava dattagupta answering your query.
I understand your concern.
See, first of all, burning inside the penis and burning urination are not commonly a symptom of prostatitis, it is a symptom of urinary tract infection or UTI. Urinary tract infection involves the upper and lower urinary tracts which involves the kidney and ureters & the bladder and urethra respectively.
So, an urine culture test is connected to your bladder infection and to specify which organism is causing this. E.coli is the most common organism but there are others too and the treatment with antibiotics varies accordingly.
You have said that you are taking antibiotics. When the antibiotics start to act, the symptoms will start to decrease and eventually will disappear in a month. You can ask your doctor about pain medication called urinary analgesics. They help partly easing the burning pain. Also, specific antibiotics may be administered according to the culture reports if response is unsatisfactory.
Continue taking the medications as prescribed and maintain genital cleanliness.
Hope i have answered your question.
If you have any further questions i will be happy to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for bloating and flatulence
- What causes sudden increase in BP readings with history of heart attack?
- Does over dosage of Piopar cause leg lymphodoema?
- Suggest treatment for palpitations and anxiety related issues
- Is mineville patch helpful in dealing with breast tumor?
- What causes tremendous weight loss after taking Obimet Sr?
- What causes constant retrosternal chest pain lasting for few minutes?
- Does unprotected sex can lead to pregnancy?
- Does pain in the my left rib cage indicate rib fracture?
- How long do symptoms of prostatitis last?