How long do opiates stay in meconium?

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Mon, 2 Nov 2015 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: how long does opiates stay in a fetuses stool?
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Needs elaborations,stays longer than adults due to slower metabolism

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. Please be specific which opioid and i will tell you the odds and duration of its stay inside the fetus stools, how ever remember that opioids are metabolized in liver and by the process glucuronidation which a fetus lacks unless full term maturity is achieved, so it may take longer than usual even three times or more than normal half life.

Elaborate the opioid which one and i will tell you rough odds.

Waiting for the response.

regards
Khan
Follow up: Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 17 minutes later
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
A day or two XXXXXXX

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for getting back to me

Good news is oxycodone is category B opioid and not that hazardous but continuous use is forbidden. Also it gets out of the system with in a few hours with average half life of 4.5 hours. With pre delivery fetuses it is cleared by maternal circulation as 83 % of oxycodone leaves the fetus body through urine. So i would say a day or two man and oxycodone is completely out of the fetus body.

I hope it helps.

Khan