How long do Valium and Ambien remain in the system?

Dr. Chintan Solanki

Psychiatrist

Posted on Mon, 26 Oct 2015 in Mental Health
Question: I have been off valium and ambien for 2 days. CPS I am sure will ask for a test next week. How long does it take to go away? Pease hurry, the test is soon.
Answered by Dr. Chintan Solanki 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
it depends on type of test is used

Detailed Answer:

Valium is benzodiazepine. Ambien is z group of non benzodiazepine.

Most of the tests are applied for benzodiazepines.
Various factors like age, sex, genetics, dose and duration are responsible for variable duration for cleaning of the drug from the body.

Valium after single Use is detected in following tests up to as follows:

Urine: 7-10 days     
Blood: 6-48 hrs     
Saliva: 1-10 days
Urine: Up to 90 Days

Valium after long term daily use is detected in following tests up to as follows:

Urine: 1-6 weeks     
Blood: 6-48 hrs     
Saliva: 1-10 days
Urine: Up to 90 Days

Hope I have answered your query, I will be happy to help further.
Dr.Chintan Solanki.