How Long Do TMINIC And HICET Take To Treat Running Nose And Sneezing?
You can wait, because cold will take three four days to settle
Hi.... you can wait, as usually cough and cold will take 3-4 days to settle. Unless the child is having fast breathing or respiratory distress you need not worry about nasal discharge or a runny nose.
I suggest you not to use multiple antihistaminics.
Use only Hicet as suggested by your pediatrician.
Regards - Dr. Sumanth
Suggestions on cough and cold
Hi...Thank you for consulting in Health Care magic.
Cough and cold are viral 95% of the times in children. For cold you can use anti-allergics like cetirizine and for nose block, saline nasal decongestants will do.
For fever - Paracetamol can be given in the dose of 15mg/kg/dose (max ceiling dose 500mg) every 4-6th hourly, that too only if fever is more than 100F. I suggest not using combination medicines for fever, especially with Paracetamol.
For cold you can use Cetrizine at 0.25mg/kg/dose every 12 hourly for 3 days.
For nasal block, plain saline nasal drops will do, every 4-6th hourly to relive nasal congestion.
Hope my answer was helpful for you. I am happy to help any time. Further clarifications and consultations on Health care magic are welcome. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish your kid good health.
Regards - Dr. Sumanth MBBS., DCH., DNB (Paed).,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How long does it take to reach target heart rate while running
- Left eye hurts nose running
- Left eye keeps watering and left nostril running
- Swollen eyelid after running
- How to stop sweating and odor between legs during running
- One eye watering and nostril running
- Lightheaded while running
- Legs feel weak while running
- Painless bump on lower leg running
- Stiff neck sore throat swollen glands hurts running