How long crestor remain in body?

Dr. Anantharamakrishnan

Cardiologist

Posted on Fri, 28 Dec 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I have been taken off of Crestor because of severe muscle cramps. Is there any way to speed up the flushing out process?
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 3 hours later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Most drugs get eliminated fast.
Approximately 3% only will remain in the body at the end of five half lives – that means four days in the case of crestor.
There is no easy way to hasten it.

But the pain may take a little longer to subside, because of muscle injury.
In the mean time, rest to the part / NSAID (like Ibuprofen, naproxen available over the counter can help.
Take it after food.
Drink plenty of water.

If the pain is very severe or does not improve, you should see your Internist and rule out Rhabdomyolysiis.

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck