How long creatinine level takes to decrease after quitting torsemide?

Dr. Vidya KR

Posted on Mon, 4 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: how soon will be creatinine level decrease after quitting torsemide and lasinipril?
Answered by Dr. Vidya KR 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
In early stage with in 3or 4 weeks

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I went through your query and understood your concerns.

Most of the kidney damage if detected in early stage can be totally reversible. By stopping medication kidney function typically begins to recover within 7 days of stopping the drug, and the serum creatinine concentration eventually returns to baseline values, usually with in a 3 or 4 weeks.

Lisinopril in most of the times causes rise in creatinine level by reducing blood flow to kidney. So by changing to other medication do increases blood flow to kidney and removal of creatinine from body.

Hope I answered your query. Feel free to ask further related query.

Wish you a good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj