How long can you live if you have stage 3
Life expectancy in stage 3 renal failure depends on many factors
Hello dear and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
Life expectancy is shortened in stage 3 of renal failure.
This is related to the accumulation of toxins in the system due to the decrease of kidney function.
It is very difficult to confirm how long a patient will live with this disease.
It depends on many factors.
The age of the patient is very important.
Based on evidence studies for a 60 year old patient with stage 3 kidney disease, life expectancy would be 11 years
One of the most important factor is diet.
It is very important to eat high quality protein and low sodium in the diet.
I also recommend taking vitamins supplements such as C and B complex.
Regular exercise is also very important.
It is also very important to treat the other possible diagnosis that you may have such as high blood pressure.
With the is changes in the lifestyle the life expectancy should be prolonged.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of excessive sweating resulting in the feeling of been...
- What can cause itching and welts on the upper abdomen?
- How to treat itching of the skin with small scabs on hands and arms?
- What type of exercises are advisable for a patient with high blood...
- What causes severe pelvic pain after engaging in sexual intercourse?
- Can Simvastatin cause side-effects after being on it for 4 years?
- What do abdominal pain with difficulty urinating indicate?
- Does mold causes heart palpitation and hot flashes?
- Can Ketamine help treat chronic depression in an elderly person?
- How can itchy rashes on the stomach be treated despite using Lotrix lotion?