• question-icon

How long can Plavix b taken??

Posted on Sat, 29 Jul 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: How long should one take plavix?
:
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Depends on indication

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. Use of plavix duration depends on the cause for its use and its indication. In acute coronary syndrome its used for 12 months and may be extended. In stenting of carotids it is used for a month. In stroke a month at least and may be extended. In coronary artery stents it depends on type of stent being used, if bare metal then a month, if drug eluting then 12 months minimum. Please consult your cardiologist and let them guide you exactly how long you need to take this clopidogrel / plavix.

I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.

Khan
Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan