How long can Nexito be taken?

Dr. Anjana Rao Kavoor

Psychiatrist

Posted on Fri, 8 Aug 2014 in Mental Health
Question: how long can i take nexito 10 my emai is YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. Anjana Rao Kavoor 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Duration of treatment varies significantly

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for writing to us,

Nexito is an antidepressant that belongs to the SSRI group of drugs. It has many indications like depressive disorder, anxiety and other neuroses etc. The duration of treatment is not something that is fixed. It varies based on the disorder, patient profile, duration of illness before starting drug, severity of disorder, co-morbid conditions, current mental health status, any recurrences etc.

No it does not have to be necessarily taken for lifetime. The best person to take this decision would be your treating psychiatrist who prescribed the drug. This decision cannot be made so easily by any other doctor without going through your entire case record and examining you in person. Opinions of various psychiatrists vary with regard to this issue. Kindly visit your psychiatrist at the earliest.

I hope this helps,
Dr A Rao