How long can Megestrol be taken for irregular menstrual bleeding?
You can continue Megestrol for another 2 weeks.
Thanks for writing to us. Followings are my comments:
1) If you are currently taking XARELTO medicine, then I can suggest you to continue Megestrol 40 mg twice daily to control heavy bleeding for another 2 weeks. It is more effective in your case. In addition, you must take IRON supplements to combat possible anemia.
2) If bleeding is slightly controlled, then you can switch to other available options like Depo-Provera, Mirena, Endometrial ablation etc. Norethindrone can be taken in this case, but dose should be increased (i.e twice daily) to control bleeding. Maintain genital hygiene properly.
Hope, I have answered your query. Wish your good health and take care.
For future query, you can directly approach me through
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Splenda and irregular menstrual bleed
- Tired and irregular menstrual bleeding
- Taking megestrol and bleeding after intercourse
- How to treat menstrual irregularity
- How to treat irregular menstrual bleed with brown spotting
- How to take megestrol for fibroids
- Irregular menstrual bleeding spotting
- Menstrual cycle irregular bleeding
- Weaning off megestrol and bleeding
- How long do you bleed on megestrol