How long after taking nyquil it would be safe to drink alcohol?

Dr. Srikanth Reddy

Psychiatrist

Posted on Mon, 21 Jan 2013 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Question: How many hrs after taking nyquil would it be safe to drink alcohol I
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 2 hours later
Nyquil is a over the counter drug and has a sedating anti histaminic and hypnotic. The only interaction that the alcohol could have with nyquil is that it may augment its hypnotic property and cause excess sedation. Its always preferable to refrain from taking alcohol the night when nyquil is taken. If anyhow alcohol has to be taken, then in that case it can be taken after 3-4 hours of taking nyquil. The only problem you will have is probably you will wake up later than usual.
Hope I am able to solve your query.
I would be happy to receive any further clarifications from your side.
If not, you can end the discussion and rate and review the answer if possible.