How long after taking Misoprostol will bleeding resume?
Wait 48-72 hrs for abortion process.
Thanks for writing to us. Followings are my comments:
1) Upon taking SECOND dose of Misoprostol tablet abdominal cramp and vaginal bleeding will start anytime between 24 to 72 hrs or as soon as possible. Within 72 hrs, most women will start to miscarry and light bleeding may continue till next 7 days. You must keep contact with local doctor for proper guidance and management in emergency situation.
2) In this case, I suggest her to wait another 48 hrs to get bleeding with clots and strong abdominal cramp. If abortion process doesn't start within this time, you must consult with GYNECOLOGIST for reassessment through proper clinical examination.
3) Pelvic ultrasound scan may be required additionally. Around 5% women need D & C or suction (surgical method) to evacuate the uterine cavity in the failure of medical abortion. Repeat dose of medicine may be given to complete abortion process before undergoing D & C.
Hope I have answered your query. Wish her good health and take care.
For future query, you can directly approach me through
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How many hours do you bleed after taking misoprostol
- How long does it take misoprostol to work
- How long bleed misoprostol
- How long to drink alcohol after misoprostol
- Misoprostol how long does it take
- How long after taking misoprostol to try to get pregnant again
- How long after taking methotrexate can i take misoprostol
- How long will it take to conceive agian after misoprostol mifepristone regimen
- Misoprostol bleeding after taking
- How long to wait to get pregnant after taking misoprostol