How long after having Unwanted kit does vaginal bleeding start?

Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 20 Oct 2015 in Women's Health
Question: I have taken the first pill of unwanted kit ..but after just 24 hours the bleeding has started..what to do now ? Should I take rest 4 tablets now ?what is the procedure?
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Take rest of the pills after 48 hours

Detailed Answer:
Hello mam, thanks for trusting health care magic.

It is good that you have started bleeding and thus will abort completely after the other 4 pills.
Take the rest of the pills after 48 hours of the previous one.
Take rest properly as there can be a lot of pain after taking rest of the tablets. Please take the medicines under the guidance of a gynecologist as there may be excessive bleeding sometimes.

Dr Manisha
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 29 hours later
Can I take pain killer for relief because I am in a serious pain after taking the rest 4 pills..and for how much time it will continue?
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can take painkiller

Detailed Answer:
Yes you can take tablet hyosimax or buscopan or belic whichever is available as and when required since you started bleeding early and must have aborted by now.
Otherwise we usually ask patients to avoid painkiller as these drugs at times abolish uterine contractions completely leading to incomplete abortion.
Also get a repeat scan after 15 days if possible to confirm complete abortion.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj