How long after delivery it is safe to have intercourse?

Dr. Sree Gouri SR

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 18 Dec 2012 in Women's Health
Question: Hello Doctor,
How much gap should be there to have sex after the delivery of the baby.
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 14 minutes later

Better to have at-least 6 weeks of abstinence after delivery.
In case of vaginal delivery the local wounds will completely heal by that time and also uterus will involute to normal size.
In case of cesarean section also abdominal wounds will heal by that time.
The woman also can recover from the stress and strain of the delivery by that time.
Better to use contraceptive methods to postpone next pregnancy.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.