How long after conception can pregnancy be detected by home pregnancy test?
Pregnancy tests detect the presence of human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) in the urine. HCG is produced after implantation in the uterus. Implantation tends to occur about 7 days after conception.
The levels of HCG tend to double every few days.
Most pregnancy tests can only detect HCG if it is above a certain level. The higher the HCG, the more accurate the results.
You should choose a test that detects HCG at low levels if you wish to find out if you are pregnant before your missed period. Some pregnancy tests can detect very small levels of HCG and can be used up to 6 days before missed period.
You should go to your local pharmacy and ask for an early result pregnancy test.
I hope this answers your question, feel free to ask any additional questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How to confirm pregnancy test at home
- Home pregnancy test after fet
- Conception and pregnancy test
- How long pregnancy test positive
- Hypothyroidism and home pregnancy tests
- Home pregnancy test with detol
- Procare pregnancy test how long
- Adderall detection in pregnancy test
- Positive pregnancy test 3 days after conception
- Brownish vaginal discharge pregnancy test negative trying for conception reason
- On insulin for diabetes. Missing periods. Pregnancy test negative. What...
- Having cramps and periods. Took advil. What should I do to get relief...
- I am 20 years old. Trying to increase height. Suggest some medicine
- Having sarcoidosis disease. What happens when they come into contact...
- After waking up there is a loud pop and the hearing improves. Looking...
- Put oxygen in nose during colonoscopy. Started sneezing and runny nose....
- Had intercourse. Getting burning sensation when urinating. What are the...
- what does Minor linear atelectasis and fibrosis posterobasal segment...
- Have blocked bile duct. Scan could not found gall bladder. What is the...
- Ultrasound showed benign cyst in kidney. Blood test showed low vitamin...