How long after cesarean delivery can normal periods be expected?
takes 3-9 months for periods to resume
Hello mam, thanks for trusting health care magic.
It is common to have missing periods after delivery if you are breastfeeding the baby.
It is good to have missed periods because it has a positive feedback on milk production and helps in providing contraceptive benefits too.
Periods usually resume in 3-9 months post delivery
So nothing to worry.
Are there any specific problems we face when the periods resume post delivery?
usually no problem in periods
No dear, usually there are no problems in periods but in some patients there can be excessive bleeding in first few cycles or there can be slightly irregular periods.
So nothing to worry at all.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Period after a weeks normal period
- Normal period but slight aching after period
- How long does it take to get period after delivery
- No period after delivery is this normal
- Expect period how many days after provera
- Having periods after 40 days of delivery normal
- Is it normal to have irregular periods after delivery
- Is it normal to have late periods after delivery
- How long will a period continue after taking orthocyclen
- Is heavy and long periods normal after stopping breastfeeding
- How to get pregnant in old age?
- Does taking I-pill affect future pregnancy?
- Suggest home remedies for anemia
- Do I need to use contraceptives after a tubectomy?
- What does these ultrasound of cervix indicate?
- What is a complex ovarian cyst?
- Suggest treatment for swelling in clitoris due to an UTI
- Suggest treatment for anxiety and severe depression
- Does non-penetrative sex lead to pregnancy?
- What do small cluster of yellow spots near the vagina indicate?