How long Clonazepam stay in our system?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jun 2014
Jun 2014
Excellent

Psychiatrist
Question
iam a disabled veteran , who has a job interview and iam prescribed clonazepam 1mg 3 times a day , i want to know what to use to flush my system ? and how long do they stay in your system? to get detected for benzos... i take them only when i get high anxiety to go to sleep, so i have not taken them regularly 3 times a day i have 3 days till urinalysis will i be safe? or what should i use to clean my system
Posted Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Mental Health

Answered by Dr. Abhishek Kapoor 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Eat citrus fruit and juice

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for using healthcare magic. I, Dr Abhishek Kapoor, would help you in this query.

Elimination half-life of clonazepam is 18–50 hours and a drug needs five half life to come out of body completely. That's mean, it would take at least 7 to 10 days to come out of body. In your case, chance of getting positive urine test is high due to longer half life. Foods that acidify the urine like juice, lemon, citrus fruit like orange etc can lead to faster absorption and elimination of clonazepam.

In case, you need further help, you can ask.

Dr. Abhishek Kapoor
Psychiatrist