Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

How is wrinkling of the glans penis treated ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 336 Questions
I am a 22 year old male, middle eastern. My penis is circumcised and dark and when flaccid, it usually looks very wrinkly. I have no other problems that I am aware of, however, I did have molluscum two years ago but was removed by my dermatologist. My crotch area is usually fine, sometimes it gets irritated and dry, but most of my body is very dry.
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 22 minutes later
Hello, ‎

Thanks for the query. ‎

If you are referring to wrinkling of the glans penis (the circumcised part of the penis), then this could be due to damage of the vascular tissue of the glans penis (corpus spongiosum).

Usually a damage to the tissue will immediately set off a collagen scarring development. At first the collagen will be soft. But later it thickens and progresses to form grooves. Over some time this can cause a wrinkled appearance.

It is a problem that has to be addressed properly (better in the early stages) to avoid further complications.

You might consult a urologist who can examine you and provide proper treatment to it, which may include removal of the scarred part of the penis.

In the specific case a combination of AM-HGH, a Multi-A, A-Amino, and Ultra-Purified-FishOil will increase the blood flow to the penis, and improve for scar tissue dissolvement and healing.

Hot wraps will also prove to be beneficial.

For any condition to be treated, a proper diagnosis is essential, and for this a visual examination of the lesion would be helpful. Hence it would be very helpful to me, to guide you accordingly if you can provide me images illustrating your condition.

You can upload images of the lesions in the right side of the query box, which after going through would help me in suggesting you better. You can also email it to me at YYYY@YYYY with the instruction ATTN: Dr. ANVEKAR in the subject line.

Please do confirm by writing here about the uploading of the photo as to suggest you at the earliest.

I would like to provide you with specific suggestions after going through the photo.

Awaiting your response.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor