Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

How is wax from the ears removed ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 2565 Questions
i have dump of wax in my right ear, & i am suggested to use Coldibiotic t remove it, but from last three days i am using three times day but still unable to remove all wax from my ear, please suggest.
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 9 minutes later
Hello and thanks for your query.

Sometimes when wax builds up in the ear it can become quite hard and difficult to remove. Let me caution you not to insert anything into the ear to try to remove the wax as it is possible to injure the eardrum while doing so.

If you can obtain some carbamide peroxide solution from your pharmacy this works wonderfully to soften the wax so it will eventually fall out. If you cannot find this solution you can mix a solution of clean water with hydrogen peroxide - 50/50 mix - and put a few drops in the ear three times daily for 3 days. This will sometimes work also but the carbamide is the best way to go. It sometimes comes under a name brand of Debrox.

If your symptoms persist or if you develop decreased hearing or pain or fever you should see your doctor.

I thank you again for submitting the query and hope my answer has served to be both helpful and informative. Should you have additional concerns I would be happy to address them.


Dr. Galamaga.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: How is wax from the ears removed ? 33 minutes later
but i am using clodibiotic right now, please suggest is it good of i hav to switch to carbamide.
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 5 hours later
I recommend you switch to the carbamide as it is superior.

Thanks again for the query. I am still here for you if you have additional concerns.


Dr. Galamaga
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: How is wax from the ears removed ? 11 hours later
Dear sir
i did not found carbamide at my local place,please suggest substitute .
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 10 hours later
Hello and thanks for the followup.

You can ask for the ear drops any good brand available containing benzocaine , chlorbutol , and paradichlorobenzene which is equally effective.


Dr. Galamaga
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor