How is viral conjunctivitis treated ?
Thanks for your query,
The symptoms your kid has, give me clue into the fact that he has Viral conjunctivitis. The symptoms are very typical.
The condition is self limiting does not need any specific treatment other than keeping the eye clean and avoid putting finger into it as it may lead into inoculation of bacteria and cause super added bacterial infection over the susceptible field created by the virus.
You can fasten the healing by applying Anti inflammatory drops like KETORLAC or FLUR two drops in both eyes twice a day for three days.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.
I am sorry ,I perceived that the soreness is inside the eye with congestion .
If it is possible for you to send the images of the eye affected, i shall be think specifically.Kindly send it to YYYY@YYYY with Sub: Attn Dr Raju.
Will wait for the same.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Viral conjunctivitis in babies
- Viral conjunctivitis treatment
- Viral conjunctivitis plane flight
- Viral conjunctivitis chest pain
- Viral conjunctivitis how long
- Side effects of viral conjunctivitis
- Viral conjunctivitis in pregnancy
- Polysporin viral conjunctivitis
- Viral conjunctivitis with severe headache
- Viral conjunctivitis amantadine tamiflu
- White hair on infant's head. What is the cause for this?
- Burning pain in stump after left leg amputation, sciatic nerve surgery....
- Masturbation addiction, semen leakage, genitourinary infection
- Pain the the chest bone. Stopped Mercillon pills after long term use....
- Fever, nausea, stomach pain and diarrhea. Took paracetamol. History of...
- MRI showing diffuse bulge of the discs, excessive fat deposition ,...
- Child having worm shaped growth spreading in the legs. Started as a...
- Hyper-extended wrist, bruised and swollen. Been wearing splint on thumb...
- Constant tiredness, instantaneous drain effect, stomach pain, SGOT, SGPT
- Pinching feeling in chest, erratic heartbeat. Why?