How is tuberculosis spread from person to person?

Question
I am nurse that took care of a TB.How likely is it I have TB.cHILLS AND NIGHT SWEATS
Thu, 7 Jun 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Get investigated

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcaremagic.
Hi, I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern.
Chances of catching TB from a patient are highly variable.

It all depends on the communicability of the person. See, if a person is an open case of Pulmonary Tuberculosis , chances are there.

If a person has tuberculosis of spine or other non open area, chances are very less.

My recommendations for you would be to get following tests done:
1. CBC with ESR
2. Chest X-ray
3. Sputum for AFB.

This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any other query, you may please ask me.
Stay Healthy.
Dr Anshul Varshney , MD