How is tubal reversal done?

Dr. Sameer Kumar

OB and GYN Specialist

Posted on Mon, 14 Sep 2015 in Women's Health
Question: what steps are involved in tubal reversal and what is approx. cost
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
tubal ligation

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query to hcm,
Tubal ligation is a procedure of recanalizing the cut or ligated tubes again either through laparoscopic or open approach. The site of ligation over the tube is cut and the damaged segment is removed and the freshened ends are sutured back together under direct vision keeping the anatomy in view. The success rate is often between 30-50 %.
The cost of an open surgery is lesser than the laparoscopic or robotic approach and shall differ from institute to institute. So difficult to comment on that regard.