How is tingling in penis treated ?

Posted on Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Question: I am 26 Years old 6 feet tall, male, and have perfectly good health no major health issues ever, I weigh 192 pounds and in pretty decent shape. About ten days ago I was doing these jelquing exercises on my penis. Then masturbated about two hours afterwards. For the last 9 days I have this tingle inside of my penis. I can still get an erection but it takes effort. Sometimes it hurts. I can ejaculate and pee without any pain . Is it possible that I might have pulled something?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later

Actually there are many causes for the tingling sensation, painful and delayed erection that you are having.

First cause is Trauma to penis-- In your case , this seems to be the most probable reason. You need to give a rest to your organ for 2-3 weeks and see if it heals on its own.
Other causes include hormonal imbalance, excessive tobacco abuse, excessive masturbation, stress and inflammation of penile mucosa and other structures like corpus spongiosum.
You need to find out the cause of your problem and then consult a urologist for expert management of case.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Is there any over the counter medication I could take that might help?
And or maybe even some vitamins or herbs that could be helpful to me?

For the last couple of days I have been taking some B12 Vitamins and some Aleve. I do not know if that will help or not. What do you think?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Hello.

Thanks for writing again.

If it is actually a muscular injury then Vitamin supplements you are taking are not likely to help you. You can do a warm water soaking for relaxing the organ at least twice daily.

Avoid sex or masturbation for two weeks. Usually it takes 15-20 days for complete relief.

Check for swelling or bleeding, if they remain persistent, please see a doctor nearby.

Hope I have answered your query.

Wishing you an early recovery.

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN