• question-icon

How is the sex change process administered?

Posted on Mon, 17 Jul 2017 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: i want to become female how do i go about it
Answered by Dr. Elona Xhardo 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is a long journey.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
I have gone through your query.

Physically transitioning from male to female, or becoming a trans woman, is an unique and individual process.

There is no "right" or "wrong" way to physically transition.
While some trans women may choose to undergo Sexual Reassignment Surgery (SRS), others may find that Hormone Replacement Therapy is sufficient.(I suggest to talk with a therapist if you choise these to do this process.)

You should know that Transitioning, regardless of what it entails, is a long, expensive, and risky process that can lead to rewarding results!

So,to resume i can say that everyone's journey will be different and what you should do, more than anything else, is start in a way that feels right to you.

First think that i suggest is a conversation with your parents.
Second important suggestion:Be patient and surround yourself with supportive friends and family members.

Hope this is helpful.
Thanks for using HCM,for your health queries.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Elona Xhardo 11 minutes later
Ive spoken with my pairents and they want is best for me and i want to become totaly female and all of my family are behind me can you help?
I cart have male genale any more i need a viginer
Answered by Dr. Elona Xhardo 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
You may need a Gender Therapist

Detailed Answer:
Hi again.

I want to say that before starting the therapy for physically transition,you should spend time reflecting upon the decision and read and learn as much as you can about the transition process.This is very important for you.

If you are sure about your decision,you should seek a qualified therapist and discuss with him every think you need about your transition.

You may need hormone replacement therapy or undergoing dangerous and irreversible non-surgical and surgical treatements.
Before this you should talk with your therapist about all your doubts and develop a treatement plan.

You should meet physically a local endocrinologist if you decide to take the hormone replacement therapy.Your doctor will prescribe you an estrogen hormone regimen.(these thinks can't be done on line).

Hope this helps.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Elona Xhardo

Endocrinologist