• question-icon

    How is the sex change process administered?

Posted on Mon, 17 Jul 2017 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: i want to become female how do i go about it
Answered by Dr. Elona Xhardo 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is a long journey.

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your query.

Physically transitioning from male to female, or becoming a trans woman, is an unique and individual process.

There is no "right" or "wrong" way to physically transition.
While some trans women may choose to undergo Sexual Reassignment Surgery (SRS), others may find that Hormone Replacement Therapy is sufficient.(I suggest to talk with a therapist if you choise these to do this process.)

You should know that Transitioning, regardless of what it entails, is a long, expensive, and risky process that can lead to rewarding results!

So,to resume i can say that everyone's journey will be different and what you should do, more than anything else, is start in a way that feels right to you.

First think that i suggest is a conversation with your parents.
Second important suggestion:Be patient and surround yourself with supportive friends and family members.

Hope this is helpful.
Thanks for using HCM,for your health queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Elona Xhardo 11 minutes later
Ive spoken with my pairents and they want is best for me and i want to become totaly female and all of my family are behind me can you help?
I cart have male genale any more i need a viginer
Answered by Dr. Elona Xhardo 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
You may need a Gender Therapist

Detailed Answer:
Hi again.

I want to say that before starting the therapy for physically transition,you should spend time reflecting upon the decision and read and learn as much as you can about the transition process.This is very important for you.

If you are sure about your decision,you should seek a qualified therapist and discuss with him every think you need about your transition.

You may need hormone replacement therapy or undergoing dangerous and irreversible non-surgical and surgical treatements.
Before this you should talk with your therapist about all your doubts and develop a treatement plan.

You should meet physically a local endocrinologist if you decide to take the hormone replacement therapy.Your doctor will prescribe you an estrogen hormone regimen.(these thinks can't be done on line).

Hope this helps.
Take care

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Answered by
Dr. Elona Xhardo


Practicing since :2008

Answered : 814 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Hormone replacement therapy

doctor1 MD

I have a friend that is veteran from the Persian Gulf War. She has been diagnosed with Hashimoto immune disorder with acute pancreatitis, her...

doctor1 MD

I have recently started natural hormone replacement therapy = all is going well & Im feeling much better but I have noticed a big weight gain (I...

doctor1 MD

My doctor wants to do a testosterone level on me as I am always fatigued. 47 y/o male, with history of immune compromise on treatment, no other...

doctor1 MD

I am really embarrassed about this but worried. So I went to a Christmas party last week. A friend said that she had some stuff that would help me...

doctor1 MD

I have burning when I urinate, Urinary tract infection was ruled out, all cultures came back normal. Tried a steroid cream no luck, Dr mentioned...

doctor1 MD

My doctor prescribed M EEG ES TR OL for me and I do not think the side effects are good for me I haven't 75 with diabetes two and hat and have an...

doctor1 MD

i am a 52 year old women with pretty bad asthma and no am faceing hotflashes on my ears and the back of my head

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

142 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. Elona Xhardo
  • Q - Suggest treatment for extreme fatigue and cough

  • Q - How to transform from a male to a female?

  • Q - What causes nausea, headache and low basal body temperature?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for symptoms of peripheral neuropathy

  • Q - Suggest treatment for severe hair loss while treating hypothyroidism

  • Q - Does intake of Omeprazole have an effect on Insulin secretion?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for water retention and edema

  • Q - Does Metformin interact with Glipizide?

  • Q - Is honey a good substitute for sugar while having diabetes?

  • Q - Is TPO antibody level of 1,189 a cause for concern?