Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

How is testicle trauma treated ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 243 Questions
hi i am 31, 6' and 140. i was having sex with my wife lying sideways and apparently unknowingly my right testicle get ...lodged up high and we then switched to the doggy style position and thrusted a few times and couldn't figure out why it hurt, i looked down to see me testicle lodged and pushed it down and resumed. but now its been three days and my testicle has been in constant pain. pain like that of childhood growing pains, the pain is also slightly noticed on the inside of my thigh and and a bit of a side ache. what it is going on and what do i do?
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Sapan J. Pandya 2 hours later

Thanks for your query.

After going through the description provided by you, I am of the opinion that you might have suffered with a BLUNT TESTICULAR TRAUMA.

Scrotal ultrasonography (USG) and Colour Doppler Blood flow evaluation is particularly helpful in determining the nature and extent of injury. This is especially useful in blunt trauma cases like yours, given the difficulty of scrotal examination and the complications of missing a testicular rupture (tear of the covering of testicles or) testicular fracture (extrusion of testicular contents).

If USG and Doppler show no damage & / or collection of blood, scrotal support, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications, ice packs, and bed rest for 24-48 hours are enough in majority of cases.
If USG and Doppler show damage & / or collection of blood, it would be better to get examined by an Urologist as this requires exploration.

Hope this answers your query. In case of any doubts, I am available for the follow ups.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor