Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

How is scabies, allergy and eczema treated ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12749 Questions
I am female aged 47 years, height is 1.57m weight 68 to 70kg. I have had this problem for more than 15 years. been to several doctors but just get relief and the problem resurfaces. Its definitely not contagious because I interact with my children and other family but they dont seem to catch it. I am on High blood pressure medication, atenolol, amlodipine, Lisinopril and spironolactone . My problem is that every year especially in summer i develop blisters very itchy rashes around my ankles and wrist and feet. my left foot is the worst. even at the inside of the sole. I have tried several medication but it keeps coming. Sudocrem relieves it but if warm again the itching starts. some years its worse in some its just a small rush but always there. When I prickle it, a clear fluid comes out and relives me from the burning itch. Have been to doctors several times. I just get relief but after a year my problem comes a gain. what is it? how can I treat it?
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Thanks for writing to us.
Itchy skin- excessive specially on forearms and hands with small with small blisters- your symptoms are suggestive of three main possibilities-
1. Scabies- it is a bug infestation and the main symptom is itching. An examination by dermatologist will help in the diagnosis.Recurrence is common if not treated properly.
2.Allergy- may be to a food item you consume very often like gluten sensitivity. Try to remain on a gluten free diet for a few days and see if it gets relieved.
3. Eczema- Again itching, dryness and red spots appear due to itching. An examination from your dermatologist will confirm the diagnosis and will prescribe the drugs best for you.Many a times it has got a seasonal association also.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor