How is repeat quantitative beta HCG done?

Dr. Aarti Abraham

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 28 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy
Question: Does the repeat beta hcg have to be done on the exact day 14 of when my period or can it be a day or two later
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
PLEASE PROVIDE MORE INFORMATION

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Could you provide a bit of background information ?
For example, why is the B HCG being done ?
When was your last period ?
Why is the repeat B HCG being advised ?
You seem to have posed the question as a follow up , but this is a new query so I would be glad to assist you with more information that you would provide.
Looking forward to hearing from you
Follow up: Dr. Aarti Abraham 20 minutes later
My period is 6 days lTe after being on the cintraceptive patch for almost two years and vera hcg was negative so i was told to repeat it after 14 days of being late so do i have to specifically repeat in exact say 14 or can it be one or teo days later
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
CAN DEVIATE A DAY OR TWO

Detailed Answer:
Okay I understood your question.
It is okay to deviate a day or two, it does not have to be specifically 14 days, but not more than 2 days earlier than what was told to you.
Follow up: Dr. Aarti Abraham 7 minutes later
Ok thank you for your help
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
TAKE CARE

Detailed Answer:
You are most welcome.
Please feel free to consult me directly anytime at -
http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-aarti-abraham/64623