Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

How is ovulation bleeding controlled ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 3163 Questions
I had my period two weeks ago but have gotten discharge with brown/dry blood in it. I am not on any contraception or am not or have been sexually active. I have been getting similar to period cramps on either side of my tummy, near my ovaries. Is this normal?? I have never had bleeding before. My periods lately have become heavier, shorter and very painful (unbearable pain). I never had problems before. I sometimes have stinginess- it feels like it coming from a tube from my tummy to my vagina. I never seem to have kidney infections despite this
Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Women Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 17 minutes later

Thanks for the query.

I believe that what you are experiencing is mid cycle bleeding or ovulation bleeding as its called.The pain or cramping that you are experiencing is related to ovulation.This usually occurs between day 12-15 of the menstrual cycle in a normal 28day cycle.However,the bleeding is more like spotting and disappears in a day or so.If thats what you have,then this is mid cycle spotting/ovulation pain.

However,if you are bleeding heavier than i described then the possible cause is hormonal imbalance which needs to be tested.

You should drink plenty of water.You can get medication for pain during your menses.If your cycles are less than 21 days then you could be having hormonal imbalance.

See your doctor for testing if that's the case.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor