Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

How is nonspecific balanitis treated ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1391 Questions
.Partner began to experience a slight itchy/burny feeling at the very tip of penis and opening. I have no symptoms (his partner), He has been feeling this for four or five days now. Our last encounter was over 2 weeks ago. He does not have sex with his wife, nor me my husband. I am his only sexual partner, although I have had others before him. I have no symptoms, however did have a bout of conjunctivitis/tosilitis begin at the same time he encountered this, and wonder if it is related?
I asked him the following:
1.) does it burn when peeing does it burn while peeing?
A. Very slight burn on peeing , Feel like something is dripping. But nothing; Feel like I need to pee
2.) is there any accumulation of fluid at the opening?
A. Feel like something is dripping. But nothing
No Accumulation.
3.) Do you use lubriderm moisturizer?
4.) Have you been on antibiotics lately?
5.) are you reddish there?
A. No
6.) Is this the first time you are experiencing the problem?
A. Yes....I haven't masturbated since we were together.
7) urinating more?
A. ever so slightly.

Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later

Thanks for your query.

You have already given answers to few questions but I would like to know a bit more

Does he have any vesicular lesions now/ in past?
Did you have any lesions on genitals?
Do you have any h/o herpes labialis /cold sore?
Did you you use condom?
Is there any erythema on /around genitals?
Do you have fever?
Any H/O other topical application?

Answer the questions above and if possible You can mail me the photos to YYYY@YYYY with subject:ATTN Dr XXXXXXX Please do confirm the sending of the photos by writing here, so that I can reply you back at the earliest.

Meanwhile ask him to drink more water .
He can take paracetamol tablet for pain.
He can apply soframycin cream over the lesions for the time being.

Please reply back with the above answers and mail the photos as this will help me in answering you better.

Awaiting your reply.

Take care.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: How is nonspecific balanitis treated ? 1 hour later

In answer to your questions:

Does he have any vesicular lesions now/ in past? - No, skin is normal
Did you have any lesions on genitals? - No, I do not
Do you have any h/o herpes...No indication of ever having
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 14 hours later

Thanks again.

According to information given by you (still you have not answered all my questions and I have not received any pics from you), it does not appear to be a specific venereal disease or STI.

It can be a nonspecific Balanitis. However a visit to your doctor will confirm the diagnosis.

Just follow my previous advise and you can apply mild steroid like hydrocortisone over the lesions.

They should subside within a weeks time.

Meanwhile avoid intercourse.Take a lot of water and everything will be fine.

Wishing you good health.

Take care.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor