How is neuropothy difference from prurigo nodularis?

Posted on Tue, 16 Jun 2015 in Brain and Spine
Question: Please,explain Neuropothy to me. And, how it differs from Prurigo Nodularis.
Answered by Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
there is no connection between them

Detailed Answer:

Neuropathy means damage to nerves. We usually use it for the peripheral nerves (peripheral neuropathy). It may present with various symptoms but the general idea is that it usually presents with motor and/or sensory deficit, which follow the distribution of the particular nerve.

Prurigo nodular is an idiopathic condition. Nodules are formed on the extensor surfaces of the legs. The nodules cause a lot of itchiness. It may be related to various chronic conditions like chronic renal failure.

I don't know if you have a more specific question to ask about those conditions. If you do, you can contact me again using your follow up questions.

Kind regards!
Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis