How is melanin pigmentation controlled ?
Thanks for writing to us.
Dark pigmentation patches in such a young infant is most likely due to hyperactivity of cells producing the pigment melanin. In most of the cases it is a localised patch and does not necessarily spread to cover the whole skin to make it uniform.
There are treatments available to lighten such darkened patches but these are usually not advised at such an early age. You can discuss the options available with your dermatologist.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.
I understand that any treatment, if necessary, would have to wait until baby is much older.
But I just wanted to know if the pigmentation is likely to be permanent or or not without any intervention.
Thanks for writing again.
Right now it will be too early to commit that the pigmentation is permanent or not. In small children it has been seen that such marks if present right since birth may be permanent otherwise they keep on increasing or decreasing in size or intensity of color.
Hope I have answered your query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Drinking milk controls melanin
- Medicineremove melanin pigment
- Melanin pigment reduction pill
- How to reduce the secretion of melanin pigment
- How to decrease melanin pigmentation
- How to decrease melanin pigments by ayurvedic method
- How is melanin pigmentation controlled
- Melanin pigment on vagina
- How nutrilite help in melanin pigment
- How to reduce melanin pigment with papaya
- Sex after candid v3 treatment
- What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?
- What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?
- What should i do to know whether i am HIV infected ?
- Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart...
- Is it possible to resolve monoamine oxidase deficiency by controlling diet?
- Late menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, laparoscopy
- Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to...
- Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in...
- What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator...