Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

How is lichen planus and phimosis treated ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12711 Questions
I am 60 years old. have suffered from Lichen Planus for over 20 years. Mainly affecting my lower legs just now. Have noticed lengthwise lesions and slight tightness of the foreskin when retracting recently. Not painful but tingling when passing urine and slight itch. Have suffered penile warts in the past with successful treatment and no reccurance. No discharge or bleeding.
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Men Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.

From the symptoms that you have described, phimosis seems likely to be the cause of your non sliding of foreskin which is a constriction of the opening of the foreskin so that it cannot be drawn back over the tip of the penis. It can also be due to scarring of the foreskin usually seen to be associated with recurrent infections.

Treatment of phimosis skin involves application of vitamin E creams and steroid creams like betamethasone but steroids should always be used under prescription.

Personal hygiene is very important. Clean under the retractable foreskin and always reduce it to cover the glans after cleaning. If symptoms persist then surgical treatment like circumcision and perputioplasty may be required.

I suggest you to get it examined from a dermatologist and get the treatment prescribed.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Child Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor