Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

How is itching and skull depression treated ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 1337 Questions
I am a 40 year old women in good health and shape. I have developed an indent on the top of my skull over the past few months. It is getting longer and wider. its about 2-3" long and about a 1/4" wide. It has begun itching and is getting deeper. what causes this to happen?
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 23 minutes later

Thanks for the Query.

As I believe the more information a person gives the better is the doctor reply and thus satisfaction. Hence please answer the following…
1.) Did you sustain any Injury there in the recent past?
2.) Is it Tender?
3.) Do you suffer with Headaches due to this?
4.) Are there any similar swellings anywhere else on your Body?

According to the description provided, there are various causes to produce similar symptoms:
1.) Scalp Injury
2.) Keratocanthoma
3.) Blister
4.) Allergic Dermatitis
5.) Allergy to the soap or shampoo you use

All these have to be ruled out, kindly get yourself examined by a Dermatologist so that he/she may examine you and Order few tests like:
1.) Complete Blood Work
2.) Urinalysis
3.) Biopsy (If necessary)

Once confirmed, the treatment will depend upon the cause. If it is secondary to any offending agent, removing it will help along with symptomatic treatment. Your Treating Doctor will be able to explain it to you better.

In rare cases, your Doctor might consider Surgery, if it is bothering you.

I would like to provide you with specific suggestions after knowing the answers to the above questions as the details would help me in suggesting you better.

Awaiting your response.

Wish you Good Health.

Take Care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor