How is frozen shoulder in diabetics treated ?
Thanks for writing to us.
The cause of your shoulder pain till your elbow seems to be due to frozen shoulder.
This is commonly seen in diabetics. Proper blood glucose levels control is required for controlling the further progression of the disease.
In the meanwhile, for symptomatic relief:
1. Give enough rest to your arm muscles.
2. Stronger prescription NSAIDS with muscle relaxants may help if simple analgesics do not help.You need to get muscle relaxants like thiocolchicoside prescribed from your orthopaedician.
4. Hot compresses to your arm and shoulder will be useful pain relieving measure. You may apply a local analgesic gel on that area.
5. Shoulder exercises can be helpful under the guidance of a physiotherapist after the pain is relieved.
Please consult your Orthopedician to confirm the same and to discuss the necessary investigations to undergo and treatment options.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Will indocin treat frozen shoulder?
- Cause for repeated frozen shoulder how to rectify it
- Hormones frozen shoulder
- Treating frozen shoulder
- Diet for frozen shoulder
- How is pancoast like a frozen shoulder
- Foods for frozen shoulder
- How is frozen shoulder in diabetics treated
- Have frozen shoulder taken steroid injection how can acupuncture help
- Lisinopril frozen shoulder
- Sex after candid v3 treatment
- What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?
- What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?
- What should i do to know whether i am HIV infected ?
- Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart...
- Is it possible to resolve monoamine oxidase deficiency by controlling diet?
- Late menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, laparoscopy
- Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to...
- Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in...
- What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator...