Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

How is erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation treated ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 4036 Questions
Hi. I am new to Pune. I doubt my own sexual fitness. I think my penis is weak and hence it takes a while for me to get erection and I am finding it difficult to sustain my erection as well. Could you please suggest a good doctor in pune whom I can approach for solving my problem. Thanks in advance
Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Men Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 53 minutes later

Thanks for query.

Your query is too short to arrive at any possibility. Usually we expect finer details in case of sexual problems. Delayed hard on erection and unable to sustain it should be properly evaluated.

It may be an organic or psychogenic cause.

You need to consult a urologist,who can take care of this problem. If he rules out all organic causes then a sex therapist can counsel you on psychological reasons.

After examination urologist will guide you further.You can visit any urologist for this,please look for degree of M.S.,M.Ch. There are various so called sexologist practice every where ,so please keep your self away from them. Let the Urologist refer you to a good sexologist known to him in Pune.

Dr. XXXXXXX Shivde and Dr. XXXXXXX Prof. of Urology, KEM Hospital are renowned in Pune.

In mean time please try following.

1 XXXXXXX breathing exercise,which help you hold your erection.
2.Try start and stop technique,withdraw from the act in between
3.Press the base of glans between thumb and finger when you feel you are about to ejaculate.
4.Spend more time in foreplay.
5.Take help of your partner,who can help you a lot.
6.Try new things to bring excitement.
7.Do regular exercise and maintain good health.

I hope things are explained to you now, I will be available for follow up.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor