Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

How is epididymal cyst in the testicle treated ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 1980
Answered : 2130 Questions
Hey, I am a 41 year old white male and I noticed 2 days ago during my regular exam that I found a very small bump, smaller than a BB that does not seem to be attached to the testicle but in the epididymis. I have always found it on the back side of my testicle and usually vanishes before I can put my finger on it good. It comes and goes and is not always there. It never feels like it is in the same place but always in or near the epididymis. I did manage to get a glimpse of it under the skin and it was very small and white. There is no pain to it and vanishes when I touch it. I am thinking a small cyst. I am scared out of my mind but I do not think it is TC. What are your thoughts?
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 4 hours later

Thanks for your query.     

Freely mobile lump in the scrotum near epididymis ,on the posterior side ,not attached to the main testicle ,is commonly epididymal cyst (,benign cyst in majority of cases ).Size and shape & color can vary from person to person.Generally it is small ,don`t hurt,until infected.

Chances of testicular cancer (TC) is very very less.If it still bothers or scares you much ,surgical excision of cyst can be considered .

Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries, Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor