Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

How is back pain and spinal injury treated ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12681 Questions
Hi, I dad a car accident three months ago. My back got hurt then. I have been being a chiropractor, physical and massage therapist and even an acupunturist. My problem now, I am having awful abdominal pain as well as back pain. The pains very Sharp to the point where it makes me vomit. The pain is very similar to contractions during child birth, the pain makes it difficult for me to breath. I had these same kind of pain two weeks after my accident, and this was the reason I decided to see a chiropractor, etc. The pain lasted a month every other day or so. After over a month without this kind of pain, its back. It's more constant now, to the point where it makes it difficult to breath. And yes, since the accident I have had back pain, getting better and better after seeing my providers. What can be wrong with me besides my back being injured? Could my organs have gotten injured, maybe a broken bone?
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later

Thanks for writing to us.

If your back pain is so severe so as to make you vomit then it means that actually there is some kind of injury in your spine that needs to be taken care of.
To know about the damage done, An X-ray of the spine will be helpful. Sometimes it is only a MRI will be best choice as by this any abdominal injury can also be seen.
After investigations only it can be decide who will be the best person to treat you.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. If there are additional concerns, I am available for your followups.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor