Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

How is a Sinus infection treated ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12677 Questions
i have an anxiety condition and fear of dying i am in doctors office on weekly basis. the problem that i have know i have been experiencing flu like symptoms aches headache runny noes. my fear its miocarditis. went to a doc yesterday she did phisical exam checked for edema listened to my heart said i had sinus infection didnt want to do an ekg. i had an echo and ekg and ct scans in may .
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Follow-up: How is a Sinus infection treated ? 6 minutes later
if its possible can i resieve an answer in a couple of minutes please i am very panicky
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later

Thanks for writing to us.

Sinus infection is a very minor problem and does not cause death. Your symptoms are very mild ones and there is absolutely nothing to worry.

You have had all the cardiac investigations in may and nothing was found wrong with you.

Myocarditis usually presents with cardiac failure and cardiomegaly.

To help your anxiety panic attacks you can take a few measures-
1.Check your caffeine intake-Avoid drinking too much tea, coffee or cola.
2.Avoid alcohol and cigarette smoking.
3.Try physical exercise like aerobic exercises daily for twenty minutes.
4.Avoid your worries and problems or solve them with the help of your family and friends.
5. Learn controlled breathing.
6. Do simple relaxation exercises like yoga, meditation, etc.
You can also discuss the problem with your GP who will help you in choosing a good antianxiety drug with low day time sedation.

I would assure you that there is no major health concern with you. Do not worry. You should be fine soon.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor