How is STD transmitted?

Posted on Thu, 24 Apr 2014 in HIV and AIDS
Question: Last night I had a sex with sex worker used condom and I checked the condom no breakage started with oral sex then virginal sex for times and she told me as she didn't ejected yet and one more thing she touched my deck by her hand after playing by her virginal I have any risk of STD I have to do any test so worried what my chances ???
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: The risk for HIV is negligible Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to HCM. Thanks for posting your query. You had a protected exposure. Condom was intact. The risk of HIV/STD through touching and handling the dick is negligible. So nothing to worry. Anyhow by having a HIV test and ruling out HIV is quite safe for you and it will relieve your unnecessary mental tension. Dr S.Murugan
Follow up: Dr. S. Murugan 7 minutes later
What is my chances of having hiv???and why i should test if there is no risk?? when I can have the test??
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Rule out HIV with Antigen test after 4 weeks Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome back. Your chances of getting HIV is almost a remote possibility. I suggested you the HIV test to see a negative test and to get relieved from mental tension. You can have an antigen based test or a 4th generation test 4 weeks after your risky contact which would be a conclusive one. Dr S.Murugan
Follow up: Dr. S. Murugan 43 hours later
Thanks doc. but I'm so worry as I was knew that sex with condom is 100% safe ...any way the condom was durex extra safe ..for oral & verginl just for two times even in second time used 2 condoms in same time and checked by water after finish no lackage and as she told me she didn't came in both times...I could not wait till completed 4 week 1. is there any indication if Im hiv positive or no after 3 days as I have neck pain??? 2. can I have sex with my wife by using condom?? 3. could u plz. explain why condom is not 100 safe sex??
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Neckpain not related to HIV.Condom high protectio Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome once again. 1.Earliest manifestation due to HIV can occur only after 4-6 weeks of high risk activity if it infected with HIV.That too all people infected would not likely to develop these symptoms. Only around 50% of the infected will have early symptoms. Others remain asymptomatic even after 5-10 years. So without a blood test nothing will indicate HIV beyond doubt. Neck pain 3 days after this contact had nothing to do with HIV. 2.You can have protected sex with your wife. Nothing wrong. 3.Condom offers a very high degree of protection against HIV. condom uncovered parts (Base of penis and scrotum) are sometimes at risk if the secretions are excess. This is a remote possibility. Dr S.Murugan
Follow up: Dr. S. Murugan 13 hours later
Thanks sir, my last two qustion 1. did u know any case infected while using condom ??2. do u think after all info. still I should have test after one month?? thanks again u don't how u helped me...
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Condom is quite safe. You need no test. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome back. We have followed many many sero-discordant couple (One partner is HIV positive while the other is negative) for more than 15 years. Those who were using condoms consistently and correctly had never acquired HIV so far while who were not using condom regularly they became concordant or their spouse also got infected. 1. I am yet to come across an individual who acquired HIV while using condom. 2. If you think that you never worry about HIV in future unnecessarily for anything or any illness, you don't need a test at all. You can be confident and you are HIV free. Dr S.Murugan
Dr. S. Murugan

HIV AIDS Specialist