How is STD transmitted?

General Surgeon
Question
I am very concerned. I was at a strip club 5 days ago and got a private room. I fingered the stripper and then used that same hand to masturbate immediately after. I have never done anything like this and let alcohol get in the way of my better sense. I have read varying remarks about similar situations but am looking for a straight/informed answer. What STDs am I at risk of contracting? I know that getting tested right away is pointless as it can take a while for STDs to appear, so when should I get tested? Are there tests that will show the diseases sooner? I am sick with worry and looking for help.
Posted Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
The risk of transmission is less

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day

I assume you meant digital insertion into vagina when you used the term fingering. Just fingerings itself is unlikely to result in any STD.
For any STD to be transmitted the Vaginal secretion need to come in contact with either cuts on the genital or the urethra . Masturbation is unlikely to result in secretion coming in contact with Urethra. Even though this mode of exposure is less risky, but still potentially carries the risk of transmission.

HIV can be ruled out as early as 7 days after infection by doing antigen test.
For other std look for development of following symptom
1. Urethral discharge
2. Burning while passing urine
3. Inguinal lymph node enlargement
4. Genital ulceration

Even though the risk is low, it's still advisable and recommended to be careful next time .

In case you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.

Best regards
Dr Deepak XXXXXXX
MBBS, MS, MCh

Follow-up: How is STD transmitted? 20 minutes later
Yes, I did mean digital insertion. I used my right index finger on her and then used my right hand when masturbating immediately after. From your reply I am gathering that the risk of acquiring an std in this manner is very low? Is it even possible? I'm just nervous and I guess looking for a scale of how at risk I am and what could have possibly been transferred. Thank you

Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Less likely to transmit infection

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Indirect mode of exposure is less likely to transmit infection as compared to direct contact of Vaginal secretion with genital (urethra).

Risk of transmission of HIV is less.
Gonorrhoea is also less

The chances of LGV (Lymphogranuloma Venerum) is comparatively more.

I would suggest you to look for possible signs of LGV as mentioned previously.

Best regards
Dr Deepak