Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

How is Klinefelter's syndrome treated ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12754 Questions
I am 24 years old, for past 3 years my physical appearance becomes so loose and i am not well fit and testes size is also too small. As my observation, i think i have all the symptoms of klinefiller syndrome . I dont know what to do for the treatment. Kindly tell me What are all the possibilities for treatment like therapy. And I want to know the hospital or specific doctor who are good in diagnosis and treatment for this syndrome in Bangalore,Karnataka.
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 32 minutes later

Thanks for writing to us.

Klinefelter's syndrome is characterized by- Abnormal body proportions (Long legs, Short trunk, shoulder equal to hip size), abnormally large Breasts (Gynecomastia), Infertility, Sexual problems, Less than normal amount of pubic, armpit, and facial hair, Small, firm testicles and Tall height.

Without doing karyotyping, semen count, blood LH, FSH and testosterone levels, it is difficult to diagnose.

You need to consult an Endocrinologist to know the exact diagnosis. To find a good specialist nearest to your place, we have patient written reviews for doctors in our listing, those can guide you for a better doctor. You can search for a doctor in your area at

Treatment consists of testosterone therapy and psychotherapy.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: How is Klinefelter's syndrome treated ? 2 hours later
Thanks for your reply. And I want to know about testosterone therapy, whether this treatment is available in Bangalore,Karnataka. kindly tell me approximate expense for the diagnosis as well as treatment. So you mentioned that, the doctor i need to consult can be Endocrinologist. Is there any other specific specialist deals with this Klinefelter syndrome or Endocrinologist is enough....
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 33 minutes later

Thanks for writing again.

The cost of treatment depends on the diagnosis and treating doctor. The treatment is available in Bangalore. An Endocrinologist can take care of your problem.

So, please consult an Endocrinologist nearby your area.

Wishing you an early recovery.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor