How is HPV16 trasnmitted?
No, it is transmitted by sexual contact
Welcome to Healthcare Magic,
Human papillomavirus (HPV) is a viruses which are extremely common.
HPV is mainly transmitted through sexual contact and most people are infected with HPV after the onset of sexual activity.
Two HPV types 16 and 18 cause 70% of cerivical cancer.
HPV 16 is sexually transmitted, but penetrative sex is not required for transmission all the time. Skin to skin genital contact is a most common mode of transmission.
So HPV 16 is not transmitted by every day simple touch.
No, The HPV 16 is not transmitted by this mode.
It is my pleasure to answer your query,
Usually direct sexual contact such as vaginal, oral or anal sex is required to transmit HPV 16 infection.Non sexual hand contact has little or no role in transmission HPV 16 .
There are many types of HPV. High-risk types like HPV 16 can lead to cervical cancer,anal cancer,vulvar cancer, vaginal cancer, and penile cancer.
Low risk HPVs such as 1,2 and 6. which do not cause cancer but can cause skin warts. As you are asking regarding HPV 16, it is not known to cause any wart.
I hope your doubts are cleared, If you have any further query feel free to post them.
"At clinician request, the tissue is sent for HPV testing at Mayo Medical Laboratories. Their analysis has identified the presence of HPV family 16, indicating positivity for one of the following subtypes: 16, 18, 31, 33, 35, 39, 45, 51, 52, 56, 58, 66. The official report from Mayo will be scanned into the medical record."
Then is it, or is NOT, the diagnosis HPV 16?
Pathology report confirms HPV 16
I have gone through your pathology report, confirming the presence of HPV family 16.
HPV types that tend to cause genital warts are not those that cause cancer. Since an individual can be infected with multiple types of HPV, the presence of warts does not rule out the possibility of high risk types of HPV family 16 virus also being present.
Genital warts are the most easily recognized sign of genital HPV infection and variety of HPV types can cause genital warts but 90% of the genital wart is due to HPV 6 and 11. Presence of HPV family 16 cannot be ruled in remaining 10% of the patients.
HPV 6 and 11 can be transmitted by other routes
It is my privilege to answer your quey,
HPV strains like 6 and 11 causing warts can be transmitted between hands and genitals of the same person and sexual partners.
Fingers genital contact is one of the possible way of transmission of HPV 6 and 11 but unlikely to be a significant source.
Still if you have any further query, I will be happy to answer them.