How is HPV transmitted?

Excellent

HIV AIDS Specialist
Question
Dear Doctor,

Before 4 days I went for body massage and the girl only cover her genital part (may be sexual worker). But I not allowed to touch my genital part, only she done body massage, I have doubt about spreading HPV through casual contact? please answer and what mean skin to skin contact? if i do not have any cuts on my skin still is possible to get? as she wearing only one to cover her genital but she touch that cloth I have notice any possibility to transmit HPV. I am sure only she touch only my body not genital parts. through massage any tiny brakes cause in the skin?
Any Test Possible for men? One Test Found but no idea Test Name - (HPV) DNA by PCR -DIRECT PROBE TQ
causal touch of the body, like arms, hands, face, legs with infected HPV person cause the infection those ares if no tiny cuts on the skin.
please answer

Thanks

XXXXXXX
Posted Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Many serotypes of HPV.few Venereal,others nonsexua

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM.
Thanks for posting your query

Without an intercourse or exchange of body fluids, HIV, Genital warts, Hepatitis and other STDs can not be transmitted, just by casual contact alone or through massage.

HPV has different serotypes (more than 100). Among which only few can cause genital warts that can spread through sexual route. Few other serotypes can be transmitted through ordinary skin to skin contact and not through sexual route and called as Veruca Vulgaris or Veruca plana (over palms and soles), or like some projection and called as filiform warts. These three types can be transmitted through casual contact, if the girl has such lesions over her fingers or hand.
Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: How is HPV transmitted? 26 minutes later
Dear Dr S XXXXXXX

1) Other than genital warts can cause cancer?
2) if this casual contact HPV are dangers?
3) if that what are the medication available?
4) It can completed cured?
5) This three type can spread to my genital part cause genital warts?
6) How long it to appear in my body if infected
7) Genital warts can only in genital parts or it can spared in hand or body please answer this question with more details. because I have worried about my family.
8) How I can identify these HPV warts in my body
9) if this HPV will spread full body?
10) long to it will take to clear

please answer in points form

Thanks,
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
HPV is unlikely to spread through casual contact.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX
Welcome back.

1. Certain strains of HPV can be a cause for cervical cancers in female--So only nowadays it is recommended HPV vaccination for all teen-age girls.
2. Casual contact are not dangerous.
3. Medical cauterization and electrical, thermal cauterization, Cryo-surgery and laser ablation are the modes of treatment. Immuno-modulant drugs also have some roll.
4. Can be cured completely if followed the advice of the physician or surgeon.
5. If the girl has lesions over her fingers and handled your genitals there may be a possibility.
6. It will take 2-4 months or more to appear.
7. Genital warts can manifest over male and female genitals (external and internal) and anal, perianal region, rectum and rarely over oral cavity (oral sex). It will not spread to other parts of the body.
8. If you have any warty growth anywhere your body, consult your Dermatologist. He will diagnose the same by inspection and examination.
9. HPV can have a wider distribution if not attended earlier.
In an immuno-compromised individual also wide spread distribution is common.
10. Spontaneous remission is possible in a immuno-competent individual within a year or two. Otherwise it depends upon the treatment. With treatment within 2-3 weeks it can be cured.
I hope you got the answers to your questions.
Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: How is HPV transmitted? 13 hours later
Dear Dr.S XXXXXXX

Thanks for your answers

Only Last 3 question please then I will close the discussion.

1) The girl does not has lesions over her fingers, But my question if she touch her genital parts by her fingers then start massage still it will be in her finger and touch my fingers, then I taken bath after 5 minites I touch my genital with out proper washing the finger, this situation in my mind getting worry please verify this situation, this could happen more possible.

2)if I wash the hand with only water the virus goes immediately?

3)After 2 years It completed goes mean no more virus in the body?

Thanks
XXXXXXX XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
HPV can not spread through casual touch.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome once again.

1. Without any lesions over fingers, there is no possibility of HPV transmission by massage alone. Even if she has any genital wart and after touching her vagina it can not spread to your body as the serotype for genital warts are fragile and not spread to other parts of body.
2. Virus can not survive outside genitals even for seconds.
3.Yes, it is possible to have a total elimination of virus.

Dr S XXXXXXX