How is HIV transmitted?

Excellent
Question
Hello Doc, can one get HIV by thrusting 8-10 more times after condom has bursted. Though i washed my Pen with conc dettol and hot water after 20nins.
Posted Sun, 31 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
significant chances

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir, thanks for trusting health care magic.
There are significant chances of contraction of HIV even with single in and out of coital act.
But definitely chances are less as compared transmission via blood products.
You need post exposure prophylaxis and for that visit your neatest center for HIV counseling and ask for tests and prophylaxis drug regimen.
All the best and don't take it casually.

Follow-up: How is HIV transmitted? 1 hour later
Please what is prophylaxis drug? What does it do?

Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
visit a physician

Detailed Answer:
Hi, prophylaxis is comprised of 3 drugs which are taken daily for 1 month and are very effective in treating infection if any.
But before that you need to visit a physician who will examine you and prescribe you treatment along with some lab tests which will determine the type and dose of drugs.
It will be dealt easily so don't be scared of that but don't neglect it either.

Follow-up: How is HIV transmitted? 27 minutes later
Thanks Doc, i will meet my physician. That means its less risky for male to contact HIV through sex. Especially when condom burst. Than in blood transmissiom. Pls why?

Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
See detailed answer

Detailed Answer:
Yes sexual contact transmits lesser load of virus as compared to the load transferred through blood transfusion.
and lesser the number viral copies lesser are the chances of transmission.
all the best.

Follow-up: How is HIV transmitted? 27 hours later
Thanks for your response Doc. I sent my partner for HIV today which turns out negative. Because of that i didn go to hospital again. Do I have all the reasons to start rejoicing and be careful next time?. t

Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
good to hear the same

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir, that is indeed a very pleasant thing to hear.
You can relax now and enjoy your personal life.
Just take care in future and use protection every time so as to be free from the tension related to sexually transmitted diseases.