How is HIV transmitted?

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: Hi i Had sex with 9 Escorts till now....but i never cum on any one's of the vagina even i'm having a condom. But i had an oral sex with condom with 7 escorts and one escorts has made a oral sex on me without condom. Though i had no cum into her mouth she after done a mastrubution. This had been done for about 50 days back. And for one more escorts as i was sucking her boobs so sort of liquid came out and i had consumed for twice may i know what is it and this has been done for about 7 days back. But maximum i had received a hand job from every escort. Is there any chances of having STD's or HIV as was concern about it. I had not seen any symptoms till now.
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Negligible chances any Sexually transmitted diseas

Detailed Answer:

Welcome and thanks for posting your query to the forum.

I can understand your concern for any type of sexual transmitted infection in yourself after protected oral sex with most of escorts and unprotected with one.

After analyzing your query with diligence let me first reassure you that there are negligible chances any Sexually transmitted disease.

In your case the best thing is that you used protection in most of instances. Only once there was unprotected oral sex occurred.

By unprotected oral sex there can be chance of herpes, chlamydia, gonorrhoea or syphilis. But in your case there is negligible chance for any of these.

I will rule out one these one by one:

For HIV: In my experience as well as academically speaking saliva is not the mode. Major Sexually transmitted diseases like HIV do not spread by oral contact. So HIV is out of context!!!

For the group of herpes, chlamydia, gonorrhoea : This group of STDs manifest within 2 weeks or at the maximum within 4 weeks. As it has been 50 days so these are also out of our context.

For Syphilis: The incubation period is around 90 days but now a days there are least of the cases of syphilis seen in our clinical practice. To tell you more importantly it is one of the STDs which is now a days sen on very much downhill side and very much declining trend to be spread from one to other.

So I reassure you fully that you do not seems to possess any STD. If at all you are worried then can make sure by going for tests for STD profile.

I hope these information will help you. If you have further queries I will be happy to help.

With regards,

Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia
MD- Dermatology & Sexually transmitted diseases
Follow up: Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 10 hours later
Thank-you for your answer DOC. So can i get my blood results exactly which i had already given and it gonna come on tuesday. Is that fine or does it need to give the test once again.
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
In my view you appear to be totally clear.

Detailed Answer:
Hello young fellow,

Welcome again to the forum and thanks a lot for taking further guidance.

If you have already given blood sample then around 50 days are the appropriate time for most of the sexually transmitted infections to get tested.

As I said earlier that in my view you appear to be totally clear. If you have had been infected then the things must have manifested till now for majority of STDs.

For HIV : Though in probable cases we ask the person to go for HIV at 6y weeks and repeat at 12 weeks. I guided you before that salivary contact or oral sex or sucking breast is not the mode of infection in my clinical experience. So for that also I reassure you that it would be negative.

If at all you want to confirm for HIV then can go for test for HIV at 12 weeks period from the day of unprotected exposure.

Do share me your test results once you get your negative results.

I hope these information will relax you. If you have further queries I will be happy to help.

With regards,

Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia